Goldman Sachs coal miner halts exports due to new Colombian law
BOGOTA Jan 9 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs-owned miner Colombian National Resources has halted coal exports from the Andean nation because it cannot comply with a new environmental law governing port operations, a company source said on Thursday.
The source said the company will need up to 18 months to bring its infrastructure up to new standards.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM