Goldman Sachs coal miner halts exports due to new Colombian law
BOGOTA Jan 9 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs-owned miner Colombian National Resources has halted coal exports from the Andean nation because it cannot comply with a new environmental law governing port operations, a company source said on Thursday.
The source said the company will need up to 18 months to bring its infrastructure up to new standards.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap