CORRECTED-EMC Corp appoints Goulden as CEO of storage division
(Corrects spelling to Goulden, from Guolden, in headline)
Jan 8 (Reuters) - EMC Corp has appointed David Goulden the chief executive officer of its storage or information infrastructure business, reporting to overall company chairman and CEO Joe Tucci.
The elevation of the 11-year EMC veteran and finance and acquisitions expert could line up another potential successor to Tucci.
Tucci presides over what the company calls the EMC Federation, which encompasses subsidiaries Pivotal and VMWare , and has pushed back his retirement date to at least 2015. Paul Maritz is CEO of Pivotal and Pat Gelsinger runs VMWare. (Editing by Bernard Orr)
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials