Greek unemployment rises slightly in October to new record 27.8 pct
ATHENS Jan 9 (Reuters) - Greece's unemployment rate rose further in October to 27.8 percent, from an upwardly revised 27.7 percent the previous month, the country's statistics agency ELSTAT said on Thursday.
The reading - more than twice the euro zone's record-high average of 12.1 percent in October - highlights the impact of Greece's prolonged, austerity-fuelled recession on the labour market.
- Somali officials say U.S. struck where al Shabaab were meeting
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers as ECB bets hold down euro