Bankia tests investor interest for five-year bond
LONDON, Jan 9 (IFR) - Bailed-out Spanish bank Bankia is testing investor interest for a five-year euro benchmark senior unsecured bond on Thursday at mid-swaps plus 250bp area.
Bankia's own syndicate team, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Commerzbank, Natixis and UBS are lead managers on the transaction, which is expected to be priced later today.
In 2013, Bankia posted the biggest loss in Spanish corporate history, taking nearly EUR24bn of provisions on property loans in an attempt to wipe the slate clean. (Reporting by Aimee Donnellan, editing by Julian Baker)
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts