Italy power demand deepen fall in 2013 to 3.4 pct-grid operator
MILAN Jan 9 (Reuters) - Italy's power consumption fell for the second year in a row in 2013, recording an annual drop of 3.4 percent, grid operator Terna said on Thursday.
In 2012 power consumption in the recession-stricken euro zone's third-largest economy had fallen 1.9 percent.
Demand fell 2.2 percent in December from a year earlier to 26.1 billion kilowatt hours, Terna said.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details