US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens with gains on jobs data, Macy's
NEW YORK Jan 9 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose at the open on Thursday in the wake of upbeat labor market data and as Macy's lifted the bar further for retailers after a stellar holiday season.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 38.85 points or 0.24 percent, to 16,501.59, the S&P 500 gained 3.47 points or 0.19 percent, to 1,840.96 and the Nasdaq Composite added 13.079 points or 0.31 percent, to 4,178.69.
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- UPDATE 8-U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports