Isotope supplier Nordion reports quarterly profit
Jan 9 (Reuters) - Canadian medical isotope supplier Nordion Inc reported a quarterly profit on Thursday, rebounding from a year-earlier loss that was partly due to a litigation charge.
Net earnings for the fourth quarter ended Oct. 31 were $56.3 million, or 91 cents a share, compared with the year-earlier loss of $43.5 million, or 70 cents a share.
Excluding certain items, earnings fell to $9.4 million, or 15 cents per share, from $16.8 million, or 27 cents a share.
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House