Comparable sales at Sears U.S., Kmart plummet during holidays
NEW YORK Jan 9 (Reuters) - Sears Holdings Corp reported on Thursday that comparable store sales at its Kmart and Sears U.S. chains fell sharply during the holiday season, continuing a years-long decline.
At its Sears stores in the United States, comparable store sales were down 9.2 percent between the start of the current quarter through Jan. 6 and down 5.7 percent at Kmart.
Sears shares were down 14.3 percent at $36.50 in after hours trading.
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source