Standard Chartered says FD Meddings departure his own decision
LONDON Jan 9 (Reuters) - Standard Chartered said the decision by finance director Richard Meddings to step down was entirely his own and had not been prompted by the board or any outside parties.
"I can say very unambiguously that this was Richard's decision," Chief Executive Peter Sands told reporters on a conference call on Thursday.
Meddings said the decision had been "wholly my own" and told reporters that he had made up his mind to go over Christmas.
(Reporting by Matt Scuffham)
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home