U.S. weather forecaster says no active El Nino through summer 2014
NEW YORK Jan 9 (Reuters) - U.S. weather forecaster Climate Prediction Center (CPC) said on Thursday that it maintains its forecast for neutral El Nino and La Nina conditions in the Northern Hemisphere through summer 2014.
In its monthly report, the CPC said that while current forecast probabilities are still greatest for neutral El Nino conditions during the summer, there is an increasing chance for the development of El Nino. (Reporting by Marcy Nicholson; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama