Chile CFR shareholders OK sweetened bid for South Africa's Adcock
SANTIAGO Jan 10 (Reuters) - Shareholders of Chile's CFR Pharmaceuticals on Friday approved a sweetened takeover bid for South African drugmaker Adcock Ingram.
CFR last month raised its offer for Adcock by 1.6 percent to 12.8 billion rand ($1.2 billion) in cash and stock, in an attempt to win over Adcock's top shareholder.
While South Africa's government has backed the deal, the state-run pension fund, Adcock's top shareholder, has rejected CFR's offer.
Adcock expects to delay a shareholder vote on CFR's proposal until mid-February because it is still waiting for regulatory approval.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source