Canada sets 2500 Mhz wireless spectrum auction for April 2015
OTTAWA Jan 10 (Reuters) - Canada will auction off another set of airwaves for wireless use, selling 2500 Mhz spectrum in April 2015 and structuring the rules in a way designed to boost competition, Industry Minister James Moore said on Friday.
Together with a 700 Mhz auction that is due to start next Tuesday and other changes, such as shared cellphone towers and caps on wholesale roaming rates, Moore told a Vancouver news conference that he was confident that wireless consumer prices would continue to fall.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official