Lafarge says sells 5 U.S. quarries for $320 mln
PARIS Jan 10 (Reuters) - French building materials group Lafarge said on Friday it was selling 5 U.S. aggregates quarries and related assets for $320 million to Bluegrass Materials.
"With these divestments, the (Lafarge) Group has now largely completed its strategy of refocusing on its core markets in the United States," the firm said in a statement, adding that its U.S. operations included 9 cement or grinding plants, cement terminals and related aggregates and concrete businesses.
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |