US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St gains at open despite soft jobs data
NEW YORK Jan 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose modestly at the open on Friday even as the December jobs report came in much weaker than anticipated.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 35.38 points or 0.22 percent, to 16,480.14, the S&P 500 gained 4.31 points or 0.23 percent, to 1,842.44 and the Nasdaq Composite added 14.367 points or 0.35 percent, to 4,170.561.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program