Clark withdraws from Sony Open with elbow injury
(Reuters) - South African Tim Clark pulled out of the Sony Open in Honolulu on Friday because of an elbow injury before he was scheduled to tee off in the second round.
The 38-year-old, who was runner-up at the event last year after closing with a seven-under-par 63 at Waialae Country Club, had carded an opening 73 on Thursday.
Clark's only PGA Tour victory came at the prestigious Players Championship in 2010, and he competed in only four events on the U.S. circuit the following year because of a lingering elbow injury.
(Reporting by Mark Lamport-Stokes in Los Angeles; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies capital, tech sanctions on Russia, but not yet
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |