Afghan detainee release a concern: White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House spokesman Jay Carney said on Friday that the release of Afghan detainees the United States considers dangerous is a concern and that U.S. officials have discussed the issue with counterparts in Kabul.
"We are very concerned about the release of any detainees who would pose a threat to U.S. forces and this is an issue that we take quite seriously," he said at a briefing.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions