Obama names Fischer as Fed Vice Chair - White House
WASHINGTON Jan 10 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Friday named experienced central banker and internationally respected economist Stanley Fischer to serve as the vice chairman of the Federal Reserve, the White House said.
Obama also nominated Lael Brainard, who served as the Treasury Department's top official for international affairs, to serve on the Fed board. The president further named Fed Governor Jerome Powell to a new term on the board ending in 2028.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ