Biden to lead U.S. delegation to Sharon's memorial service
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said on Saturday he will lead the U.S. delegation to the memorial service for the late Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.
Biden, in a statement, said he and his wife, Jill, were saddened to hear of Sharon's death.
"We send our condolences to his family and to his beloved nation of Israel. I look forward to leading the U.S. delegation to his memorial service, to pay respects to the man and to pay tribute to the unshakeable partnership between the United States and Israel," Biden said.
(Reporting By Steve Holland; Editing by Sophie Hares)
- Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks