Biden to lead U.S. delegation to Sharon's memorial service
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said on Saturday he will lead the U.S. delegation to the memorial service for the late Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.
Biden, in a statement, said he and his wife, Jill, were saddened to hear of Sharon's death.
"We send our condolences to his family and to his beloved nation of Israel. I look forward to leading the U.S. delegation to his memorial service, to pay respects to the man and to pay tribute to the unshakeable partnership between the United States and Israel," Biden said.
(Reporting By Steve Holland; Editing by Sophie Hares)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions