Wal-Mart's international finance chief to leave company
(Reuters) - Cathy Smith, Wal-Mart Stores Inc's (WMT.N) finance chief for the international division, will leave the company to take a "leadership position" at an unidentified company, Wal-Mart said on Saturday.
A memo provided to Reuters by Wal-Mart spokesman Kevin Gardner, from the division's president and chief executive David Cheesewright, said Walmart U.S. chief financial officer Brett Biggs was slated to replace Smith at Walmart International.
The move was first reported by the Wall Street Journal on Friday, citing internal company memos sent on Thursday that Smith would depart at the end of the month.
Smith also leads the international division's strategy team. The division generated $135 billion in sales in 2013.
Before joining Wal-Mart in 2010, Smith had been executive vice president and chief financial officer at GameStop Corp (GME.N).
Biggs is also executive vice president for Walmart U.S. and was previously senior vice president of operations for the company's retail warehouse chain, Sam's Club.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source