Wal-Mart's international finance chief to depart -WSJ
Jan 10 (Reuters) - Cathy Smith, Wal-Mart Stores Inc's finance chief for the international division, will leave at the end of the month to take a "leadership position" at an unidentified company, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing internal company memos.
Smith also leads the international division's strategy. The division generated $135 billion in sales in 2013.
Before joining Wal-Mart in 2010, Smith had been executive vice president and chief financial officer at GameStop Corp .
Brett Biggs, who is executive vice president and chief financial officer for Walmart U.S, is slated to replace Smith at Walmart International, the WSJ said. The Journal said the Wal-Mart memos were sent on Thursday.
Biggs was senior vice president of operations for the company's retail warehouse chain, Sam's Club, before he became CFO of Walmart U.S.
Wal-Mart spokesman Kevin Gardner could not be reached immediately for comment.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government