'12 Years a Slave' wins Golden Globe for best drama film
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. Jan 12 (Reuters) - "12 Years a Slave" won the Golden Globe award on Sunday for the best dramatic film, the annual Hollywood award show's top prize.
"12 Years a Slave," directed by British filmmaker Steve McQueen, is the true life story of a free black man who is kidnapped and sold into slavery in pre-Civil War America.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |