STXNEWS LATAM-Cosan confirms talks to buy railroad operator ALL
BRASILIA Jan 13 (Reuters) - Brazilian energy company Cosan SA Indústria e Comércio said on Monday its Rumo Logística unit is in preliminary talks to purchase the country's largest railroad operator, América Latina Logística SA , or ALL.
Cosan, the world's largest sugar and ethanol exporter, said in a statement that no formal offer has been made to ALL. Local media has reported that the Brazilian government is working to convince Cosan to take over the railway operator. (Alonso Soto)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources