STXNEWS LATAM-Cosan confirms talks to buy railroad operator ALL
BRASILIA Jan 13 (Reuters) - Brazilian energy company Cosan SA Indústria e Comércio said on Monday its Rumo Logística unit is in preliminary talks to purchase the country's largest railroad operator, América Latina Logística SA , or ALL.
Cosan, the world's largest sugar and ethanol exporter, said in a statement that no formal offer has been made to ALL. Local media has reported that the Brazilian government is working to convince Cosan to take over the railway operator. (Alonso Soto)
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl