Japan's Suntory to buy U.S. drinks group Beam for $16 billion
LONDON Jan 13 (Reuters) - Suntory Holdings Ltd said on Monday it plans to buy Beam Inc for $16 billion, including debt, making the Japanese company the world's third-largest maker of distilled drinks.
Beam's brands include Jim Beam , Maker's Mark, Sauza, Canadian Club and Courvoisier.
Suntory will pay $83.50 per share in cash, a 25 percent premium to Beam's closing share price of $66.97 on Friday.
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist |
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Iraqi Kurdish forces enter Syria to fight Islamic State |