Japan's Suntory to buy U.S. drinks group Beam for $16 billion
LONDON Jan 13 (Reuters) - Suntory Holdings Ltd said on Monday it plans to buy Beam Inc for $16 billion, including debt, making the Japanese company the world's third-largest maker of distilled drinks.
Beam's brands include Jim Beam , Maker's Mark, Sauza, Canadian Club and Courvoisier.
Suntory will pay $83.50 per share in cash, a 25 percent premium to Beam's closing share price of $66.97 on Friday.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |