Houston area school evacuated over possible explosive device
HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Houston-area school was evacuated on Monday after a possible explosive device was found near its premises, local TV broadcasters reported school officials as saying.
There have been no explosions and no injuries in the incident at Seven Lakes High School in Katy, a western suburb of Houston, reports said.
School officials have asked the bomb squad to investigate a suspicious backpack found just outside the school, broadcaster KTRK reported.
- Malaysian airplane investigators look at suicide as possible motive |
- Planning could hold key to disappearance of Flight MH370 |
- U.S., EU set sanctions as Putin recognizes Crimea "sovereignty" |
- Magnitude 4.4 earthquake rocks Los Angeles area
- Russian government admits economy in crisis as Ukraine weighs