Canada jr finance minister says manufacturers glad C$ has fallen
TORONTO Jan 14 (Reuters) - Canada's manufacturing sector is happy with the lower Canadian dollar, which presents "remarkable opportunities," Canada's junior finance minister, Kevin Sorenson, said on Tuesday.
"I think ... the manufacturing sector (is) quite pleased that we have a dollar that the value is down from what it was a number of months ago," Sorenson, secretary of state for finance, told reporters. "I would say that with the dollar being low there is remarkable opportunity. We're an exporting country and as you know by far the majority of everything we manufacture here and everything we grow here we export and so there's opportunity."
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |