URGENT-Cogeco Cable's profit rises as it gains from acquisitions
Jan 13 (Reuters) - Cogeco Cable Inc, a Canadian provider of cable TV and internet and phone services, reported an 18 percent rise in quarterly profit after recent acquisitions.
The Montreal-based company's net profit rose to C$49.7 million ($45.74 million), or C$1.02 per share, in the first quarter ended Nov. 30 from C$42.1 million, or 87 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 44.9 percent to C$475 million in the quarter.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Nose gear on plane collapses at Philadelphia airport
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Knife-wielding assailants attack people in central China: Xinhua