CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher on positive U.S. data
TORONTO, Jan 14 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Tuesday after bullish U.S. retail sales data helped push up shares of financial and energy companies. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 52.19 points, or 0.39 percent, at 13,734.46 shortly after the open.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- UPDATE 2-Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning