Eni to pull out of Polish shale gas exploration-sources
WARSAW/MILAN Jan 14 (Reuters) - Italy's Eni will abandon all shale gas licences it currently owns in Poland due to difficult geology and a tough regulatory environment, three industry sources told Reuters on Tuesday.
Eni declined to comment.
Poland's environment ministry said earlier on Tuesday that two of the three licences had already expired and will not be renewed. The three sources said Eni is also planning to give up the third permit before it expires.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |