Eni to pull out of Polish shale gas exploration-sources
WARSAW/MILAN Jan 14 (Reuters) - Italy's Eni will abandon all shale gas licences it currently owns in Poland due to difficult geology and a tough regulatory environment, three industry sources told Reuters on Tuesday.
Eni declined to comment.
Poland's environment ministry said earlier on Tuesday that two of the three licences had already expired and will not be renewed. The three sources said Eni is also planning to give up the third permit before it expires.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |