EU carbon permit auction clears at 4.73 eur/t-trader
LONDON (Reuters) - The European Union sold 4.019 million spot EU carbon permits from its emissions trading scheme on EEX at 4.73 euros per tonne each on Tuesday, a trader said.
The sale attracted bids for 18.6 million units.
The benchmark EU carbon futures contract was trading at 4.77 euros a tonne just before the auction closed at 0959 GMT.
(Reporting By Susanna Twidale)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data