India expects to top $1.84 bln target from telecoms spectrum auction
NEW DELHI Jan 15 (Reuters) - India expects to exceed its budgeted target of about 113 billion rupees ($1.84 billion) from a spectrum auction due next month, the telecoms secretary said on Wednesday.
The government received applications from eight companies including Reliance Industries and Bharti Airtel Ltd to participate in the auction, M.F. Farooqui said.
($1= 61.54 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; editing by Malini Menon)
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data