India's telecoms spectrum auction to proceed as scheduled: official
NEW DELHI Jan 15 (Reuters) - India's telecommunications spectrum auction due to start on Feb. 3 will proceed as scheduled, Telecoms Secretary M.F. Farooqui said on Wednesday.
The deadline for companies to submit interest to participate in the auction is Wednesday, but the government is yet to take a decision on a proposal to reduce the annual fee carriers pay for using airwaves.
Farooqui said he was hopeful of resolving the pending issues, including the annual spectrum fee, before the auction begins next month.
The government hopes to raise at least $1.8 billion from the auction, crucial in its efforts to rein in India's budget deficit. (Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |