Telekom Austria reverses domestic fixed-line losses
VIENNA Jan 15 (Reuters) - Telekom Austria reversed a years-long decline in sales of fixed-line connections in its domestic market last year, Chief Executive Hannes Ametsreiter said on Wednesday.
"It was slight growth, 1,600 customers," he told a capital markets event. "We had record sales, which are continuing into this year."
Like other telecoms operators, Telekom Austria has seen a flight of customers from landline to mobile connections, as wireless speeds improve and prices become comparable.
Telekom Austria's fixed-line subscriptions fell 2.3 percent in 2012 to 2.28 million. (Reporting by Georgina Prodhan, editing by David Evans)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’