S.Africa's Bidvest lifts Adcock stake to 9 pct -Bidvest CEO
JOHANNESBURG Jan 16 (Reuters) - South African conglomerate Bidvest Group has increased its stake in drugmaker Adcock Ingram to 9 percent, Bidvest Chief Executive Brian Joffe told Reuters on Thursday.
Bidvest, which has steadily raised its Adcock holding in an attempt to thwart a rival takeover offer from Chile's CFR Pharmaceuticals, said in December it had around 7 percent. (Reporting by David Dolan; Editing by Pascal Fletcher)
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid