Slim's America Movil completes purchase of Start Wireless
MEXICO CITY Jan 16 (Reuters) - America Movil, the Mexican mobile company owned by billionaire businessman Carlos Slim, said on Thursday its U.S. subsidiary Tracfone Wireless had completed its purchase of Start Wireless Group's assets.
The deal, for an undisclosed price, was first announced in May.
Start Wireless has about 1.4 million subscribers, America Movil said in a statement.
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset