Slim's America Movil completes purchase of Start Wireless
MEXICO CITY Jan 16 (Reuters) - America Movil, the Mexican mobile company owned by billionaire businessman Carlos Slim, said on Thursday its U.S. subsidiary Tracfone Wireless had completed its purchase of Start Wireless Group's assets.
The deal, for an undisclosed price, was first announced in May.
Start Wireless has about 1.4 million subscribers, America Movil said in a statement.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years