Beiersdorf confirms 2013 profit target
FRANKFURT Jan 16 (Reuters) - Germany's Beiersdorf , the maker of Nivea skin care creams, reported a smaller than expected rise in 2013 sales on Thursday, but maintained its full-year profit target.
Beiersdorf reported 2013 sales of 6.141 billion euros ($8.35 billion), up 1.7 percent, unadjusted for currency effects.
Analysts had been expecting the company to report 2013 sales up 2.5 percent to 6.19 billion euros, according to a Reuters poll.
The company also said it was extending the contract of Chief Executive Stefan Heidenreich by five years to the end of 2019.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media