Capital One profit rises 2 percent
Jan 16 (Reuters) - Capital One Financial Corp, one of the largest credit card issuers in the United States, reported a 2 percent rise in quarterly profit as it set aside less provisions to cover credit losses.
Net income rose to $859 million, or $1.45 per share, for the fourth quarter ended December 31, from $843 million, or $1.41 per share, a year earlier.
Total net revenue fell 1.4 percent to $5.54 billion.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Missouri grand jury makes decision in fatal shooting of black teen |
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video