Discount broker Charles Schwab's profit rises 57 pct
Jan 16 (Reuters) - Discount broker Charles Schwab Corp reported a 57 percent rise in quarterly profit as it earned more from trading commissions and fees for managing client assets.
Net income available to common stockholders rose to $297 million, or 23 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 30, from $189 million, or 15 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report