Discount broker Charles Schwab's profit rises 57 pct
Jan 16 (Reuters) - Discount broker Charles Schwab Corp reported a 57 percent rise in quarterly profit as it earned more from trading commissions and fees for managing client assets.
Net income available to common stockholders rose to $297 million, or 23 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 30, from $189 million, or 15 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades