Intel 4th-quarter revenue exceeds expectations
SAN FRANCISCO Jan 16 (Reuters) - Intel Corp posted fourth-quarter net earnings of $2.6 billion, or 51 cents a share, compared with $2.5 billion, or 48 cents a share, in the year-ago quarter as the chipmaker grapples with a shrinking PC industry and finds support from demand for more servers.
Fourth-quarter revenue was $13.8 billion, compared with $12.5 billion in the year-ago quarter, it said in a statement on Thursday. Analysts had expected $13.72 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- New report calls U.S. a 'rising star' of global manufacturing