REFILE-Carlyle to buy J&J diagnostic unit for $4.15 bln
Jan 16 (Reuters) - Private equity firm Carlyle Group said it would buy Johnson & Johnson's diagnostics unit for $4.15 billion.
Carlyle said the deal was expected to close in the middle of 2014.
Reuters reported in December that Carlyle was nearing an agreement to acquire Johnson & Johnson's ortho clinical diagnostics unit for about $4 billion.
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Obama says does not yet have broad strategy for Islamic State