Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
Jan 16 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Charter Communications Inc reached out to Comcast Corp this week about teaming up to buy Time Warner Cable Inc, after the larger rival rejected its $37.3 billion takeover bid, according to people familiar with the matter.
* A number of Time Warner Cable shareholders would support a merger with Charter Communications Inc if Charter raises its current bid for the larger rival to $41 billion or more, according to people close to the matter.
* Microsoft Corp is considering Ericsson AB Chief Executive Hans Vestberg as a possible successor to outgoing CEO Steve Ballmer, Bloomberg cited sources briefed on the software giant's executive search as saying on Wednesday.
* U.S. defense contractor Altegrity Inc has hired restructuring advisers as it contends with a debt burden of about $1.8 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
* The Carlyle Group has all but clinched a deal to buy Johnson & Johnson's clinical testing arm for about $4.1 billion after several weeks of negotiations, a person briefed on the matter said on Wednesday, New York Times reported. ()
* India's biggest construction and engineering group Larsen & Toubro is in talks with potential investors
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade