Turkish lira weakens to record low above 2.2 against dollar
ISTANBUL Jan 16 (Reuters) - Turkey's lira weakened to a fresh record low above 2.2 against the dollar on Thursday as the negative impact of a corruption scandal surrounding the government was compounded by dollar strength after robust U.S. data.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ