Texas father sentenced to life for killing his three children
HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Houston man was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole after pleading guilty on Wednesday in the 2010 shooting deaths of his three children, according to court records.
Mohammed Goher, 50, was facing capital murder charges, which carry the possibility of the death penalty, for fatally shooting his three children, ages 14, 12 and 7, as they slept.
According to court records, Goher then shot himself in the head in an attempted suicide bid.
He who was reportedly going through a divorce and custody battle at the time of the incident.
(Reporting by Andrea Lorenz; Writing by Jon Herskovitz; editing by Gunna Dickson)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data