Texas father sentenced to life for killing his three children
HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Houston man was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole after pleading guilty on Wednesday in the 2010 shooting deaths of his three children, according to court records.
Mohammed Goher, 50, was facing capital murder charges, which carry the possibility of the death penalty, for fatally shooting his three children, ages 14, 12 and 7, as they slept.
According to court records, Goher then shot himself in the head in an attempted suicide bid.
He who was reportedly going through a divorce and custody battle at the time of the incident.
(Reporting by Andrea Lorenz; Writing by Jon Herskovitz; editing by Gunna Dickson)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling