UPDATE 1-Dollar-store chain Dollarama's Dec same-store sales fall
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Dollarama Inc, a Canadian dollar-store operator, said December sales were hurt by power outages and temporary store closures as a cold snap hit most of North America.
Comparable-store sales fell 7.5 percent in December, the company said in a statement.
The Montreal-based company said it had to temporarily close about 80 stores.
A major ice storm blanketed Central and Atlantic Canada during the Christmas season, leading to massive power outages in Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick for one week. A majority of Dollarama's stores are located in these regions.
Dollarama, which operates 847 stores across Canada, said it expects January sales to trend back to normal.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |