India's ITC Q3 net profit up 16 pct, in line with forecast
MUMBAI Jan 17 (Reuters) - India's largest cigarette maker, ITC Ltd, posted a 16 percent jump in quarterly net profit on Friday, in line with market expectations.
ITC, India's third most valuable company, said its net profit rose to 23.85 billion rupees ($387.4 million) for the quarter ended Dec. 31, up from 20.5 billion rupees a year earlier.
Analysts had expected a 15 percent rise in earnings to 23.6 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
($1 = 61.5600 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Nandita Bose; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen