Jos. A. Bank board recommends shareholders reject Men's Wearhouse bid
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Jos. A. Bank Clothiers Inc's board recommended on Friday that the company's shareholders reject a $1.61 billion hostile bid from Men's Wearhouse Inc , calling it inadequate.
Men's Wearhouse mounted a hostile bid for Jos. A. Bank earlier this month in an attempt to break the resistance of its smaller rival and pacify investors hungry for a merger of the suit retailers.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet