Jos. A. Bank board recommends shareholders reject Men's Wearhouse bid
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Jos. A. Bank Clothiers Inc's board recommended on Friday that the company's shareholders reject a $1.61 billion hostile bid from Men's Wearhouse Inc , calling it inadequate.
Men's Wearhouse mounted a hostile bid for Jos. A. Bank earlier this month in an attempt to break the resistance of its smaller rival and pacify investors hungry for a merger of the suit retailers.
- China anxiety knocks shares, oil
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- U.S. sees Middle East help fighting IS, Britain cautious after beheading