CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as gold-mining shares jump
TORONTO, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Friday after a gain in the price of bullion boosted gold-mining shares, helping offset weakness in the industrial sector. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 12.24 points, or 0.09 percent, at 13,843.82 shortly after the open.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |