CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as gold-mining shares jump
TORONTO, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Friday after a gain in the price of bullion boosted gold-mining shares, helping offset weakness in the industrial sector. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 12.24 points, or 0.09 percent, at 13,843.82 shortly after the open.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine