REFILE-Schlumberger profit jumps as drilling demand outside N.America rises
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Schlumberger Ltd, the world's largest oilfield services company, reported a 22 percent jump in quarterly profit, helped by robust drilling activity outside North America.
Net income rose to $1.66 billion, or $1.26 per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec.31, from $1.36 billion, or $1.02 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose about 7 percent to $11.91 billion.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official